Thoughts from the mind of a 15 year old Freshman in High School

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The 'Wanna-be'

At school, the overall controversy for boys and girls seems to be popularity. No matter how independent minded they are, everyone thinks their life could be a little better if they were more popular. Popularity isn't a bad thing. That would be one of the LAST things I want you to get from this. Popularity is nice, but it's what you can do with it that matters. Anyway, the point is that some people go to drastic measures. What you don't want to be considered as is the 'Wanna-be'. If you're here, it means that you have changed who you are to be a little more popular. You always agree with people whom you think have some sort of a higher status. You never stick up for yourself. You reject true friends that really care about you. You sacrifice your goals and your dreams to follow someone else's. If you find yourself suffering from any one of these symptoms, you could be diagnosed as a 'Wanna-be'. If you find yourself in these positions, don't ask yourself what's wrong? Don't ask yourself what is so wrong with me that I can't be myself? Don't ask what is so wrong with me that I sacrifice my reputation and my friends to have one's that don't even care about me. Don't ask yourself any of these questions because the answer is nothing. Everyone has insecurities about themselves, but you can't let them dictate who you are as a person. The next time you feel the urge to ask yourself these questions, substitute this, 'What do I love about myself, and what can I do to be a better friend to the one's who love me for who I am?' This mind set will send you light years in front of every other girl in maturity.

No comments: