Thoughts from the mind of a 15 year old Freshman in High School

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sweet paradise

I couldn't imagine any other place in the world that I'd rather be than the mountains of Lake Toxaway. With the hectic schedule that I have throughout the year, I need some peace and quiet with my cup of hot chocolate and the clean winds of North Carolina. There are so many things about the lake that make me feel at home. Lately I've been spending time on a friends dock. It's right on the water and is just gorgeous at every time of day. I just sit back and I don't have to listen to music or text on my phone. It's just so simple and beautiful and calming that I could stay there for the rest of my life. Most people wonder how I could possibly remain so isolated from the rest of the world for more than a couple of days and not die of boredom. Yet, why else would I love it. It's the simplicity of it all that makes me think. Possibly think too much. All of our lives are so chaotic and complicated that we think its normal and okay. If everyone's going through it, then I can suck it up. While I'm there, it makes me wish I could give up normality forever and be an outcast. I don't think a lot of people know of this luxury. Most people's idea of a vacation is sitting on a beach surrounded by a million crowds of people tanning to the point of skin cancer. Sometimes civilization can bring out the worst in people. I know that with my mountain air, homemade cranberry muffin from the little shop down the street, and my furry pink robe, I could spend the rest of my life being unlike everyone else.

No comments: