Thoughts from the mind of a 15 year old Freshman in High School

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Preparation

Just as I suspected. Everyone has taken their spots. The women in the kitchen and the men on the couch. The child has done her part in the kitchen and has now retired to her computer. A lot of cooks say that they love what they do because it might relax them or it comes easy and smooth to them. Well, I am definitely NOT one of those people. Cooking in general is difficult, but with all those people crowded around I couldn't hear myself think. I made the desserts and tried to help with the rice and ended up burning my finger. That's it for me and the kitchen. I try to accompany the men on the couch, yet that isn't very pleasant either. My father falls asleep and snores loud and clear into my ear during one of the most boring games of the season. The titans are so far ahead, that there is little to no suspense left in the game. What's a girl to do? And as I sit here complaining and moaning on about how boring it really is upstairs, I miss it. Actually, I'm going to go spend some time with my family now seeing that I won't be have them forever. I guess today, I'm thankful for them. I'm thankful for how much they love and adore me. My family is crazy and hectic and extremely sarcastic, but isn't that kind of exciting to have a bunch of crazy old farts in my life to cheer me up?

No comments: