Thoughts from the mind of a 15 year old Freshman in High School

Friday, January 30, 2009

My Second Family

Being a part of the Basketball team at school is possibly one of the best experiences I've ever had. I did not only improve as a player, but I also made a second family. 17 sisters and 3 moms to be exact. The girls on my team were not only so sweet to me when I was new to the team, but immediately included me in everything. I never felt left out because I was the newbie. I have found that I've made a personal bond with each of the players in a different way. They are all incredible athletes and incredible people too. It wasn't hard to swoop in and be a part of the team since we are almost ALWAYS together. Literally, I've spent around 315 hours with them this year. This does not include nights and weekends or trips that we take or the summer team camps or tryouts, but just practices. We have only a few more weeks in the season, and though I may have some more free time after school, I will really miss all of my sisters.

No comments: