Thoughts from the mind of a 15 year old Freshman in High School

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Dads

I still do not exactly understand how these creatures operate, but I try to do my best. They always seem to say that it is YOU that they trust, but they do not trust every other person on the planet. I have to control myself at sometimes and remind myself that I am still his little girl. Although when I try to tell him to remember what he was like when he was my age, he makes my curfew even earlier. The specific father that I control has bought an alarm system so that whenever a door or window has been touched, the alarm tells you exactly where and when that door or window was opened to the dangerous, outside world. Pretty clever, isn’t he! Somehow a dad will believe that going to the movies on a Friday night with the girls is like asking to become molested. Whenever I mention that all of my friends are going or doing something, he never seems to forget that corny, old saying that ‘if my friends jumped off a bridge, would I?’ I always want to come back and say, NO! If my friends jumped off a bridge, they’d be dead. Why would I want to do the same things as a dead person? Or for that matter, why would I want to be as cool as them if they were dead. No one I have spoken to and inquired these specifics has given me an answer. I conclude that nobody was thinking when they made it up. I have to hold in all my hateful words so I am not portrayed as disrespectful. I’m going through a hard learning process as teenager and I know he is too as a daddy. Deep down I know he is doing the right thing for me, even though it’s hard.

No comments: